2016 Conservation Poster Contest
2016 Conservation Poster Contest – Cobb County Winners
It is with pleasure we announce the winners of the 2016 Conservation Poster contest, sponsored by the Cobb County Soil and Water Conservation District.
The first place posters will be sent on to the state level to compete against the other counties in Georgia. The state winners will be announced at a later date.
This year’s posters were judged by the public attending the Georgia Farm and Erosion Control Expo held April 29, 2016 at Jim Miller Park in Marietta. Those voting were given the criteria per the National Association of Conservation District’s Poster Contest on their website of conservation message, poster use of correct theme, visual effectiveness, originality and universal appeal.
The first, second and third place winning posters for Cobb County:
- Jennifer Saysombath, Kindergarten, Norton Park Elementary
- Dalys Short, 1st grade, Norton Park Elementary
- Raisha Perez, 1st grade, Norton Park Elementary
Second and Third Grade Category
- Manya Mishra, 3rd grade, Sope Creek Elementary
- Morgan Scott, 2nd grade, King Springs Elementary
- Mayrin Hernandez, 2nd grade, Fair Oaks Elementary
Fourth and Fifth Grade Category
- Grace Mendez, 4th grade, Fair Oaks Elementary
- Samirra Lewis, 5th grade, Baker Elementary
- Bryssa Robles, 5th grade, Fair Oaks Elementary
We wish to thank all the school administration, teachers and students who participated in this conservation outreach project and hope you will continue to be a part of this annual poster contest. Each year a different theme is chosen, though the theme is always conservation of our soil and water and related natural resources.